National Technology day
Technology has permeated the very fibre of our existence and has ushered in far-reaching changes in the way we live. Hence, we dedicate the 11th of May to celebrate the role of technology’s contribution to the growth and development of our nation.
11th May marked a major milestone in the technological achievement of India, Atal Bihari Vajpayee the then prime minister of India declared this day National Technology Day in recognition of some of the achievements of the technological innovations by the Indian scientific community.
The date is significant because of the advancements the country achieved on this day decades ago.
- It was on this day in 1998 that India joined the elite club of countries that belong to the “Nuclear Club”, by successfully carrying out a nuclear test at the Pokhran test range in Rajasthan despite criticism and threats of sanctions by various countries.
- It was also the day in 1998, that India tested its first indigenous aircraft Hansa-3 crafted by the “National Aerospace Laboratory” from Bengaluru facilities.
- India test-launched its Surface-to-air missile Trishul devised by DRDO on this day and since been enlisted into Army and Air force.
To commemorate these multiple achievements May 11th is being observed as National Technology Day since1999.
We celebrate this day to remind us of the contribution of Indian scientists, researchers, and engineers, to technological advancement and innovative achievements. It is also celebrated to raise awareness about the importance of technology in strengthening our country’s economy, and its impact on education, communication, agriculture, health, manufacturing, and security. It is celebrated to encourage young Indians to continue the tradition of achieving breakthroughs in the field of technology.
Every year the National Technology Day is celebrated across the country in various departments and boards related to Science and Technology and it is spearheaded by the Technology Development Board (TDB) by honouring technological achievements/innovations of individuals, institutions, and enterprises. The event is organized and coordinated by the board and is marked by conferring awards to the note-worthy achievements by the President of India and marked by seminars and workshops.
Every year the event is celebrated around a central idea or theme and the theme for 2022 is “Integrated Approach in Science and Technology for Sustainable Future” launched by the Union Minister Dr.Jitendra Singh.
The underpinning motive in celebrating this day is to impart awareness regarding the importance of science and technology in our lives.
Organizations contribute their bit by fostering technological innovation, rising awareness by organizing seminars and lectures, and by posting about the day on social media like Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
We at NSGroup believe that technological innovations and making our tomorrows better than today. NSGroup enables digital transformation for industries and technology providers. Our products and services include:
- End to end digital transformation for manufacturing industries across the entire value chain
- IIoT enabled energy management solutions for the Energy sector
- Enhanced digital identity management solutions using biometrics
- Cloud-based, integrated ERP solutions completer with learning management systems for educational institutions
- AI-enabled solutions for field service management
- Enabling secure digital identity and data sharing
Our Products, Services, and Solutions enable enterprises to achieve new heights of performance and productivity.
Let us come together and celebrate the role of technology in making the world a better place and demonstrate our gratitude to all the scientists and people who contributed to ideating, innovating, and facilitating the dissemination of knowledge and information.